BDG is now accepting applications for an Assistant Web Editor to contribute to building our online presence which includes website maintenance, blogging, social media posting, e-newsletters, and custom marketing programs.
The ideal candidate will have 1-2 years experience contributing to a website/blog, graphic design and social media marketing. They will have a keen eye for design and details to update our website, blog and social media accounts. It is also necessary to have an understanding for SEO and be tech savvy.
• Administrate the creation and publishing of relevant, original, high-quality content across social media platforms
• Create, schedule and analyze all social media updates
• Effectively write and edit compelling copy for web articles
• Update website with new images and content for advertising spaces
• Proofread and edit marketing materials
• Design and send monthly e-newsletters
• Review web analytics and measurement tools to track success of online campaigns
• Create web videos and graphics
• Work with editorial staff to share insight and strategies on growing our website and social media presence
• Bachelor’s degree
• 1-2 years experience in social media management / online marketing or similar field
• Graphic design skills (Adobe Creative Suite - Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator - or a similar program for photo editing)
• Knowledge of writing for Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
• Familiarity with content management systems (Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla, personal blog)
• Excellent time-management and multitasking abilities
• Strong writing, proofreading and copyediting skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven organization
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong attention to details
• Organization and prioritization skills – capacity to manage multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously
• While this is not required, a passion for writing and discussing home design trends, architecture, interior design, and other industry related interests in New England is helpful.
• Local candidates only – Boston/Metro-West, MA
• Applicants must be able to work at the Sudbury location office
• 20-30 hours per week, starting immediately
• Flexible schedule
• Fun, exciting and creative work environment
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates please e-mail a cover letter, resume and examples of your work (graphic design, links to social media accounts you've managed, blogs, or other relevant work): info [at] bostondesignguide.com. Candidates will be invited to interview in person. No phone calls please.